Zagreb Evening Walking Tour
DAY: Saturday, 20 Sept 2014
As part of the conference social programme, the participants are invited to a guided evening walking tour of the downtown Zagreb.
Some of the attractions include:
- The Monument of King Tomislav
- Nikola Šubić Zrinski Square (Zrinjevack Park) – part of the 19th-century landscape architecture known as the Lenucci Horseshoe
- The Stone Gate (Kamenita Vrata) – the only remaining 13th-century gates to the Upper Town and a local place of worship
- The Upper Town – with many historical points of interest, the most prominent of which is the 13th-century Church of St. Mark the Evangelist.
- The tour also includes a free visit to the internationally acclaimed Museum of Broken Relationships and Croatian Museum of Naive Art.
You are all welcome to explore the most famous landmarks in the downtown Zagreb with a professional guide in a relaxed atmosphere.
– King Tomislav Square
– Walk among one part of the Green Horseshoe (Art Pavilion, Science and Arts Academy, Zrinjevac square with Archeology museum, Supreme and county courthouses)
– Main Square – Ban Jelačić Square
– Kaptol hill w/ Cathedral (FYI the Cathedral closes at 5PM for group visits, so we won’t be able to enter the Cathedral)
– Dolac Square
– Skalinska street
– Tkalčićeva street
– The Blood Bridge
– Radićeva Street
– The Stone Gate
– Gradec Hill (the oldest pharmacy, St. Marks Square w/ Croatian Parliament and Government buildings, Zagreb city hall, Museum of Naive Art, Law school, Greek-Catholic church, Museum of Broken Relationships, St. Catherine Square w/ St. Catherine Church, Panoramic viewpoint w/ Lotrščak tower, Funicular)
If you are interested in taking the tour please fill in the form below:
ZAGREB WALKING TOUR FORM
King Tomislav Square is located c. 30 minutes on foot from the the Faculty building. One of the conference volunteers will walk with the participants from the Faculty to King Tomislav Square.
Meeting point: Registration desk. Time 18:30.
For more options on what to do in Zagreb, visit the official website of the Zagreb Tourist Board.